Recipe by CHEF GRPA
Oh where oh where will I ever find the time? Will Chocolate is popular at our house, especially during the holidays, so these double chocolate gems never last long!
- 1⁄3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) jar maraschino cherries, with stems well drained
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, bring the cream, butter and sugar to a boil; stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in chocolate until melted. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until easy to handle.
- Pat cherries with paper towels until very dry. Shape a teaspoonful of chocolate mixture around each cherry, forming a ball. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until firm.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip cherries until coated; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper to set. Yield: about 2 dozen.
- My Note: I have used cherries without the stems and they worked well too. It made them look more like the other chocolate that I make at Christmas time. These were fantastic! ""Definitely"" will have to make these for Valentines Day!