Recipe by Chef Patience
This awsome cake looks so rich! From the Complete Baking cookbook. Time to make is estimated.
- 1⁄3 cup butter, plus
- 3 1⁄2 ounces butter
- 1⁄3 cup fine sugar
- 2 lightly beaten eggs
- 2⁄3 cup self rising flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 3⁄4 ounces ground almonds (optional)
- 12 ounces dark chocolate
- 1 1⁄4 cups heavy cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups plain cake crumbs
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and line the base of an 8 in springform pan.
- Beat together sugar and 1/3 c butter until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after adding each one.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and cocoa powder.
- Fold flour mixture and almonds into egg mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 20 to 25 min, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool the cake slightly in the pan, then transfer the cooler cake to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Clean the springform pan.
- When the cake has cooled, return it to the pan.
- Heat the chocolate, 3 1/2 oz butter and cream in a pan on low heat and stir till smooth.
- Chill the chocolate mixture for 30 min, then beat it well and chill for another 30 minute.
- Beat the chocolate again, this time adding the cake crumbs and the rum.
- Be sure to beat it well.
- Pour over cake and chill for 3 hours.