Recipe by isleofcolleen
Rich decadent dessert for the ultimate chocolate lover, yet so easy to make. Original recipe came from a food network program, but I've added ingredients to make it my own.
Top Review by alamahara
We all have different tastes and like different textures. I often alter recipes to suit my taste. I had made both recipes - yours, and Dan and Steves. In both recipes I omitted the ganache topping. I thought it was over-kill. In Dan and Steves recipe, I replaced the margerine with butter and cooked my brownies about 10 minutes longer then advised. I LOVED them. In your recipe I left out the nuts but used the coffee as it helps bring out the chocolatey goodness. :) I did liked it. Its hard to not like any brownie, however, I liked the texture of Dan and Steves better. I welcome anyone to try both.
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped unsalted nuts
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
ganache for topping
- 2⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 9 inch round cake pan (I like to put a parchment paper in bottom of pan also). Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whip together eggs and salt until frothy on medium high speed of mixer.
- While waiting, melt 1 stick of butter with 3 ounces of unsweetened chocolate in a bowl in microwave, just until choc. is melted.
- Add gradually 1 cup of white sugar to egg mixture after turning mixer to low. Then add vanilla. Next slowly add chocolate mixture.
- (I like to grind up my instant coffee to a powder consistency then add with flour to mixture just until blended).
- Stir in nuts; pour into prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes Let cool on rake till room temperature when cool frost with ganache the refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- (I like to use a glass measuring cup for making my ganache). 2/3 cup choc chips 1/3 cup heavy cream. Microwave till cream starts to foam up in cup. Watch closely. Stir this up until very creamy. Spread on brownies. Refrigerate. These are best served cold They will get mushy when warm ENJOY!