12 hrs 12 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 10 inch chocolate layer cake
- 2 lbs semisweet chocolate
- 8 ounces white fondant
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1With a serrated knife or thread, cut cake into two layers and place one layer in a 9 inch springform pan.
- 2In a double boiler, over hot water, melt chocolate and fondant.
- 3Or, use a microwave oven to melt the ingredients, allowing 12 minutes for chocolate, 20 seconds for fondant - medium power.
- 4Heat 1/2 cup cream to lukewarm.
- 5If using a microwave, allow 30 seconds.
- 6Beat the remaining chilled cream until it forms soft peaks; set aside.
- 7In a large bowl, combine warm cram with fondant and melted chocolate.
- 8Stir until ingredients are evenly blended and the temperature is reduced to lukewarm.
- 9Beat the soft chocolate mixture and gradually incorporate the whipped cream.
- 10Spoon one-half of the creamy chocolate mixture over cake.
- 11Top with second layer of cake.
- 12Complete by spreading the second half of the chocolate mixture over top.
- 13Refrigerate the cake for 8 to 12 hours.
- 14Serve chilled with whipped cream and chocolate curls.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Truffier Au Chocolat a la Cafe de Paris
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 409.0
- Calories from Fat 374
- Total Fat 41.6 g
- Saturated Fat 25.5 g
- Cholesterol 44.3 mg
- Sodium 44.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: