Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 10 inch chocolate layer cake
- 2 lbs semisweet chocolate
- 8 ounces white fondant
- 2 cups whipping cream
- With a serrated knife or thread, cut cake into two layers and place one layer in a 9 inch springform pan.
- In a double boiler, over hot water, melt chocolate and fondant.
- Or, use a microwave oven to melt the ingredients, allowing 12 minutes for chocolate, 20 seconds for fondant - medium power.
- Heat 1/2 cup cream to lukewarm.
- If using a microwave, allow 30 seconds.
- Beat the remaining chilled cream until it forms soft peaks; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine warm cram with fondant and melted chocolate.
- Stir until ingredients are evenly blended and the temperature is reduced to lukewarm.
- Beat the soft chocolate mixture and gradually incorporate the whipped cream.
- Spoon one-half of the creamy chocolate mixture over cake.
- Top with second layer of cake.
- Complete by spreading the second half of the chocolate mixture over top.
- Refrigerate the cake for 8 to 12 hours.
- Serve chilled with whipped cream and chocolate curls.