Recipe by s'kat
Easy and elegant confectionary delights!
Top Review by canarygirl
You wouldn't believe how easy and fast these are to make! I think these are the best truffles I have ever eaten! I actually melted the chocolate chips in the microwave instead of using a double boiler (45 seconds on high, stirred and then 25 second more and stirred until melted), which made this even faster and easier. I used espresso coffee in place of the liquer and it worked perfectly. The recipe doubled well. I will be serving them at my sister's bridal shower on Sunday--I can't wait to see everyone's reaction! I wish I could rate this 10--no 100 stars! Thank you for a fabulous recipe, s'kat!
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon coffee liqueur or 1 teaspoon orange liqueur
- 3 tablespoons butter
- cocoa (however much you need to roll the truffettes in)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt chocolate in double boiler; cool.
- Add egg yolks, and mix thoroughly.
- Add milk and liqueur; continue to blend.
- Add butter, a few bits at a time, stirring after each addition.
- Continue to beat until mixture is thoroughly blended.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours or longer, until mixture is firm.
- Shape into small ovals; roll in cocoa.
- Store in refrigerator or freezer.