Easy truffles taste just like you bought them at a gourmet candy store! In addition to what I've listed, you can roll them in powdered sugar, cocoa powder, other confections to make them a truly unique candy!
- Place chocolate in double boiler over low heat, stirring constantly until just melted.
- Add nuts, milk, vanilla and salt. Blend well.
- Remove from heat and cool 5 minutes.
- Roll small amounts of chocolate, about the size of a walnut, into balls.
- Coat with chocolate sprinkles, shredded coconut, finely chopped walnuts.
- Transfer to a cookie sheet and refrigerate until set.
Very nice truffles, if not totally French, as these use condensed milk! But never mind, still VERY delicious! I dusted mine with 60% French cocoa powder as I was out of coconut and I am not sure what chocolate sprinkles are!! (I suspect they are chocolate hundreds and thousands!) I am not sure why, but my truffles did not set harder than a very soft paste, they tasted lovely though! I think that fresh cream may be a better option as condensed milk has sugar added, and these were sweeter than I am used to eating. Many thanks for a different recipe, we DID enjoy these after dinner! Made for the Comfort Cafe, merci! FT:-)
LOVE,LOVE,LOVE these truffles!!! :) :) gave these to a friend as b-day present and she thought the same thing! Although I do recommend real cream instead of sweetened condensed milk! Bu these are still delicious!!