Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Sinfully delicious chocolates with a little kick. Cooking time includes cooling/chilling time.
Make and share this Truffes Au Paprika (Deviled Chocolate Truffles) recipe from Food.com.
- 5 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup cream
- 1 1⁄2 ounces prunes
- 1 ounce armagnac (or other brandy)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon paprika, sweet (or mild)
- Warm the Armagnac and soak the pitted and roughly chopped prunes in the brandy until they are soft.
- Melt the chocolate.
- Bring the cream just to a boil and take off heat and mix into the melted chocolate.
- Allow to cool.
- Finely chop the prunes and add the prunes and any unabsorbed brandy into the cooled chocolate mixture.
- Chill until firm but not hard.
- Mix the cocoa powder and paprika on a flat plate.
- Roll the chocolate mixture into small balls and roll each ball in the cocoa/paprika mixture.
- Store in a cool place.
- Note: the yield depends upon the size of truffle you prefer.
Loved these! Armagnac soaked prunes, wow! Not too sweet, but mine were just a tad too soft even after chilling them overnight, so might reduce cream a bit next time.
thank you chefkate for a divine recipe! these were so easy to make and taste heavenly although I thought my brother in law would give his a re-appearance when i told him there were prunes in it!!! i got about 50 teaspoon truffles out of this and needed about double the quantities of cocoa and paprika for the rolling.