Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I got this from Tyler Florence. DS loves pesto and he says this one is the best I've made. The parsley gives the pesto a brighter green color.
- 2 cups fresh basil
- 1 cup fresh Italian parsley
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, roasted
- 4 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- Place first seven ingredients in a blender.
- Combine oil, juice and water.
- Blend first ingredients together while slowly drizzling in the oil mixture.
- Combine until smooth.
- You may add additional oil to make your desired consistency.
Magnificent!!!! I love this recipe, will be putting it away for safe keeping.
Loved it ! However, I love any recipe by Tyler Florence. One of the greatest cooks of all time in my opinion. Thank you for posting !