Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
From TOH, haven't tried.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 (4 2/3 ounce) packagesmint Andes mints candies (56 pieces total)
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 22 ounces white baking chocolate, divided
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- green food coloring (optional)
- In heavy saucepan, combine sugar, butter, and milk.
- Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat; cook and stir until a candy thermometer reads 236 F (soft-ball stage). Remove from the heat.
- Stir in candies until melted and mixture is well blended.
- Stir in marshmallow crème and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread into a buttered 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Cut into 96 pieces; roll each into a ball (mixture will be soft).
- Place on a waxed paper-lined baking sheet.
- In a heavy saucepan or microwave-safe bowl, melt 18 oz. of white chocolate and chocolate chips.
- Dip balls in melted chocolate; place on waxed paper to harden.
- Melt the remaining white chocolate; add food coloring if desired.
- Drizzle over truffles.
- Store in airtight container.