1/3 Photos of True Lemon Chicken
Barbs Miller's Note:
I wanted to make Lemon Chicken like the Chinese restaurants have. After trying many recipes, I found one that was OK. I played with the recipe and tweeked it to my liking...a Lemon Sauce that is lemony with a good balance of sweet. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1CHICKEN: Saute cubed chicken in olive oil until done.
- 2Set aside.
- 3SAUCE: In a small sauce pan, combine first 7 ingredients and bring to a low boil.
- 4Slowly stir in cornstarch solution.
- 5Depending on how thick you want the sauce determines how much cornstarch solution you use.
- 6Careful- sauce tends to boil up when cornstarch solution is added.
- 7Serve chicken over a bed of rice.
- 8Pour sauce over chicken& rice.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for True Lemon Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 496.8
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 219.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 76.0 g
- Protein 25.2 g