Recipe by Barbs Miller
I wanted to make Lemon Chicken like the Chinese restaurants have. After trying many recipes, I found one that was OK. I played with the recipe and tweeked it to my liking...a Lemon Sauce that is lemony with a good balance of sweet. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.
Top Review by Love2Eat
Delicious Barb! I, too, have been searching for a lemon chicken sauce and have finally found it. Just the right touch of lemon/sweet. I doubled the recipe because I didn't think I'd have enough sauce (cause I doubled the chicken), but a single recipe would have been plenty. This was great!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 lemons, juice of or 3 tablespoons bottled lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄8 cup lime juice
- 1⁄8 cup lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 drops yellow food coloring
- cornstarch, mixed with
- water, to thicken
Directions See How It's Made
- CHICKEN: Saute cubed chicken in olive oil until done.
- Set aside.
- SAUCE: In a small sauce pan, combine first 7 ingredients and bring to a low boil.
- Slowly stir in cornstarch solution.
- Depending on how thick you want the sauce determines how much cornstarch solution you use.
- Careful- sauce tends to boil up when cornstarch solution is added.
- Serve chicken over a bed of rice.
- Pour sauce over chicken& rice.