Recipe by Missy Wright
These are delicious! I recently made them for a family reunion and they were a hit! The first dessert gone among all the food there! These are great cold too.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) packageplain lemon cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine mix, oil and 1 egg.
- Mix with electric beater for about 2 minutes.
- Mixture should be crumbly.
- Reserve 1 cup for topping.
- Pour the remaining mixture into a 13x9 glass baking dish and press evenly with fingers.
- Bake crust 13 to 15 minutes (until light brown) Remove and set aside.
- For filling, blend cream cheese with blenderuntil creamy.
- Add sugar lemon juice and remaining egg.
- Mix on low until well combined.
- Spread filling over crust until totally covered.
- Scatter reserved crust mixture over filling.
- Bake 15 minutes at 350.
- Let cool for 30 minutes.
- and cut into 24 bars.