- 1 cup butter flavor shortening
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda granular (sugar substitute)
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 3⁄4 cups quick oats, uncooked
- 1 1⁄4 cups golden raisins
- 1 medium apple, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup carrot, finely grated
- 1 cup walnut pieces, toasted
- 12 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place sheets of foil on countertop for cooling cookies.
- Combine shortening, peanut butter and sugars in large bowl. Beat at medium speed with electric mixer until blended. Beat in eggs.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon. Add gradually to creamed mixture at low speed. Beat until blended. Stir in oats, raisins, apple, carrot and walnuts, crumbled bacon and shredded cheese. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until just browned around edges. Do not over bake. Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets. Remove cookies to foil to cool completely.