Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is in a copy of Cookbook Digest I found hiding around the house. These burgers sound awesome!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef (80% lean works best)
- 1 tablespoon crushed dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 large red onion, cut into 6 thick round slices
- 1 (8 ounce) packageof creamy style blue cheese, cut into 6 slices
- 6 hamburger buns, lightly toasted
- 6 leaves red leaf lettuce (or other crispy)
- oil, for brushing on onions and grill rack
- Combine ground beef, rosemary, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- Shape mixture into 6 patties (about 1/2" thick each).
- Oil grill rack and arrange 4-5 inches above heat source.
- Brush onion slices with oil on both sides.
- Grill burgers and onions about 4-5 minutes per side.
- When burgers are almost done, cover with slice of bleu cheese and cook until melted.
- Place burgers on buns, top each with an onion slice and lettuce leaf.
- Cover with top buns and enjoy!
You just can't beat a good hamburger topped with blue cheese. The addition of the rosemary in the hamburger gives it a very unique flavor. I used blue cheese crumbles because it is hard to find slices around here. Made for December 2010 Bargain Basement Tag Game.