Prep 30 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This recipe was given to me by a friend named Trudy. Since it had no name, It's always been called "Trudy's dessert". Rich and peanut buttery also cream cheesy.
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1 (8 ounce) softened cream cheese
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 (12 ounce) Cool Whip
- 1 (3 ounce) instant vanilla pudding
- 1 (3 ounce) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- Layer 1: Blend flour and butter with pastry cutter. Add 2/3 cup of chopped peanuts to mixture until incorporated and put remaining peanuts aside. Transfer mixture to a 9x11 pan. Bake 20 minutes at 350°F Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Layer 2: Cream peanut butter and cream cheese together. Add confection sugar and mix well. Fold in 4oz of the Cool Whip and set remaining cool whip aside. Spread mixture over cooled first layer.
- Layer 3: Mix both puddings with the milk. You want it to be "spreadable consistency" so feel free to add a little extra milk as it will set up fast. Spread mixture over second layer.
- Layer 4: Top with remaining Cool Whip and sprinkle remaining chopped peanuts on top. Chill for 2-3 hours.