Recipe by Cook4_6
This recipe was entered into our 2009 Corporate Soup and Salad Cook-off and took first prize for the salad category. The recipe is courtesy of Trudi Blair.
Top Review by ForeverMama
Yum, this salad is very enjoyable and what a great way to use cabbage. I had some regular cabbage that needed to be used up and I'm so glad I picked this delicious salad. The toasted sesame seeds, almonds, and ramen added a nutty taste that enhanced it wonderfully. I had a serrano chili (needed to use it up) that gave it a slight edge. Thank you Cooks4_6 for sharing. Made it for Photo Tag.
- 59.14 ml white vinegar
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 158.51 ml oil
- 29.58 ml soy sauce
- 59.14 ml sesame seeds
- 118.29 ml almonds, sliced
- 170.09 g ramen noodles, 2 pkgs crumbled fine with rolling pin
- 2 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 medium Chinese cabbage, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- To prepare the dressing, combine the ingredients in a pan and bring to a boil. Boil for one minute, chill.
- Toast the sesame seeds, almonds, and broken noodles in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes on a cookie sheet. Discard the flavor packet for the Ramen noodles.
- Just prior to serving combine vegetables, seed mixture with the dressing.