Recipe by Lvs2Cook
Definately NOT a low calorie, low fat recipe. You can make them less fattening by prepare as directed except use light sour cream, reduced fat cheeses, and reducing the butter to 2 tablespoons. Omit chopped avocado.
- 2 -2 1⁄4 lbs small red potatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream (optional)
- chopped fresh tomato (optional)
- avocado (optional)
- sliced green onion (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large covered saucepan, cook potatoes and chopped onion in a small amount of boiling water about 15 minutes or until tender, drain.
- Stir in 8 ounces sour cream, cheeses, melted butter, salt and red pepper. Stir in diced tomatoes.
- Spoon into a 2 quart rectangular baking dish.
- Bake in a 350º oven about 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Top with the 1/2 cup sour cream, fresh tomato, avocado and green onion, if desired.