- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup uncooked quick oats
- 1⁄2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup bottled chili sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme (or 2 t. dried thyme)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven at 350°.
- In a mixing bowl, gently and thoroughly combine (use your hands) the turkey, onion, oats, parsley, milk, 1/4 cup chili sauce, thyme, salt, pepper, and egg.
- Pat mixture into a 9x5 inch loaf pan, smoothing the top.
- Spread the remaining 1/4 cup chili sauce over the top.
- Bake about 1 hour or until the loaf is firm and the top is browned.
- Let the meatloaf stand in the pan for 10 minutes before slicing.