Recipe by Southernhopsing
Parmesan flavors this rice dish from Better Homes Cookbook. Excellent in the rice cooker.
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 2⁄3 cup basmati rice
- 1⁄3 cup green pepper, chopede
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups water
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chicken bouillon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan (or rice cooker), cook mushrooms, rice, and green pepepr in margarine till green pepper is tender.
- Stir in water, bouillon, sage, and 1/8 tsp pepper.
- Bring to boiling, reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer about 15 minutes until tender.
- Remove from heat, let stand covered for 5 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- If using the rice cooker, use it from start to finish, let it stay after the cheese has been added to keep it warm. Delish!