Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Posted for ZWT6 for Great Britain leg of tour. Welsh farmers with their abundance of home-cured bacon have long enjoyed this dish where the bacon is wrapped round freshly caught trout from their rivers.
- 4 whole trout, weighing about 10 oz each, cleaned, head and tail removed
- 8 slices pepper bacon, thin
- chopped parsley (to garnish)
- Pre-heat oven to 400F
- Wrap 2 slices of bacon around each fish and place in a shallow ovenproof dish with the loose ends tucked underneath.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until tender.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
The combination of the trout and bacon was amazing! I used a fillet rather than a whole trout so it was spot on after around 12 minutes. I placed the skin face down and the fat from the bacon brought out great flavor and a slightly crispy texture to the skin. The parsely I had was a little past its prime so only other thing I did was chop finely and toss through the juices as I removed from the oven to refresh it a little and scooped over the top.