Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this from the spring 2010 cooking club recipe. It sounds like a tasty way to do fish, I plan on using catfish or red stipper rather than trout , since that is the local catch.
- 4 (566.99 g) trout fillets
- 2.46 ml salt
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 59.16 ml butter, divided
- 78.07 ml chopped pecans
- 0.59 ml cayenne pepper
- 29.58 ml finely chopped red bell peppers
- 14.79 ml lime juice
- 7.39 ml honey
- Heat oven to 200. Sprinkle fish with salt; dip in flour, shaking off excess.
- Melt 2 tbsp of the butter in large skillet over med-high heat. Cook fish 5-7 min or until it starts to flake, turning once and reducing heat to medium if fish are cooking too fast. Place on a rimmed baking sheet in oven to keep warm.
- Melt remaining 2 tbsp butter in same skillet over med-high heat. Cook pecans and cayenne pepper 2-3 minutes or until pecans begin to brown, stirring occasionally. Stir in bell pepper, lime juice, and honey.; boil until sauce is slightly thickened. Serve over fish.