Recipe by SaffronMeSilly
I got this from the spring 2010 cooking club recipe. It sounds like a tasty way to do fish, I plan on using catfish or red stipper rather than trout , since that is the local catch.
- 4 (5 ounce) trout fillets
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 200. Sprinkle fish with salt; dip in flour, shaking off excess.
- Melt 2 tbsp of the butter in large skillet over med-high heat. Cook fish 5-7 min or until it starts to flake, turning once and reducing heat to medium if fish are cooking too fast. Place on a rimmed baking sheet in oven to keep warm.
- Melt remaining 2 tbsp butter in same skillet over med-high heat. Cook pecans and cayenne pepper 2-3 minutes or until pecans begin to brown, stirring occasionally. Stir in bell pepper, lime juice, and honey.; boil until sauce is slightly thickened. Serve over fish.