Delicious, quick, easy and healthy! This would work for a dinner party or for every day and needs minimal preparation time and looking after. The sharpness of the lemon seems to complement the saltiness of the capers and anchovies well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 trout fillets (but would work with most fish)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup capers
- 1/2 cup rosemary
- 8 anchovies (I used a small tin, containing about 8 anchovy fillets since that's how they're sold over here in th)
- 2/3 lemon, depending on quantity of fish
- white wine (although water would be ok)
- salt and pepper
- 1Mix the olive oil, capers and rosemary.
- 2Put fish in an ovenproof dish.
- 3Pour the olive oil mixture over the fish.
- 4Thinly slice the lemons and arrange the slices so that they cover the fish completely.
- 5Drain the anchovies of oil, slice in half and drape over the lemon slices.
- 6Add splash of white wine and salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Bake in oven at 200c for 20 minutes, or until fish is cooked.
- 8I served this with rice flavoured with lemon juice and black pepper and a side dish of brocolli.
Browse Our Top Trout Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Trout Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Trout with lemon, capers, rosemary and anchovies
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 352.1
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 59.4 mg
- Sodium 1650.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 22.2 g