Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Traditional Welsh recipe for trout - very simple. To make this easier to eat, remove the bones prior to cooking.
- 4 rainbow trout, cleaned
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 slices lemons
- 80 g butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- To remove the bones from the fish open it up and press down on the spine. The spine should losen up slightly. Start at the head of the fish and prise the spine out finishing at the tail. Trim the tail with kitchen scissors.
- Stuff the chives and a slice of lemon in each fish. Wrap 2 rashers of bacon around each fish.
- Place on a buttered dish and bake for 15-20 mins, testing near the head for to see if cooked.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter and gently saute the onion. Add lemon juice and heat through.
- Plate up fish and pour over butter sauce.