Recipe by Lambkyns
From "20-Minute Cookbook" by Steven Wheeler I have only made this with trout and have thouroughly enjoyed the delicate flavour of the sauce. For those who can't imagine cooked cucumber...give it a try you might be pleasantly surprised.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 trout fillets, skinless
- salt and pepper
- 2 green onions, large, white parts only, chopped
- 1⁄2 cucumber, peeled, deseeded, cut into short batons
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 2⁄3 cup light cream (I have used milk with success)
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry (optional) or 1⁄4 cup white wine (optional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1 tomatoes, deseeded and finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large frying pan, season fillets and cook for 6 minutes, turning once.
- Transfer to plate, cover and keep warm.
- To make the sauce, add the green onions and cucumber to the pan, and cook over a gentle heat, stirring until soft but not coloured.
- Remove pan from heat and stir in flour.
- Return to heat and pour in cream and sherry/wine (if using).
- Simmer to thicken, stirring continuously.
- Add the chopped tarragon and tomato, and season to taste.
- Spoon the sauce over the fillets.
- Serve with buttered new potatoes and green beans.