Recipe by Melissa Spangler
Very popular dish in South Louisiana using fresh caught trout. This recipe calls for regular white flour, but use whole wheat flour if you want to lower the Glycemic Index. From Sugarfree New Orleans.
- 6 large trout fillets
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse trout filets and pat dry.
- Mix salt and pepper with the flour and roll fillets in the flour mixture.
- Melt the butter in a large frying pan and saute the filets for five minutes.
- Turn the fish and saute the other side for about four minutes.
- Put the trout on a warm serving dish and sprinkle with a little more salt and pepper.
- Add the lemon juice and the parsley to the butter remaining in the pan and heat until foamy. Pour over the trout and serve.