Recipe by Scandigirl
We love trouts in our house. I get 10 lbs. of freshly caught trout whenever I run out. I vacumn pack them into a serving for the two of us. This recipe is easy to do, I use the fillets and they cook real fast. I serve them with a steamed new red skinned potato and green steamed beans. Nice and easy!
Top Review by Paula5
Beautiful to present; divine to eat. I used olive oil instead of corn oil and some canned mushrooms thrown in later instead of fresh (didn't have any on hand). I'm sure fresh will be even better. And I'll find out, cuz I'm making this again. For sure! Thanks for a great recipe! Served it with Yukon gold potatoes and a bunch of fresh fruit. The meal earned me a big, fat kiss. Yeah!
- 1 lake trout, fillet into 2
- 20 onions, small white
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the corn oil into a frying pan, and heat it over maximum heat.
- Clean and season the trout fillets with salt and pepper.
- Add the trout to the hot oil and cook over medium heat for 4 minutes, then flip over and cook 4 minutes on other side.
- Arrange the trout in a service platter and keep warm in the oven at 100 degrees F.
- Place the onions and the whole mushrooms in the frying pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley, the lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Pour the vegetable mixture over the trout and serve.