Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
We love trouts in our house. I get 10 lbs. of freshly caught trout whenever I run out. I vacumn pack them into a serving for the two of us. This recipe is easy to do, I use the fillets and they cook real fast. I serve them with a steamed new red skinned potato and green steamed beans. Nice and easy!
- Pour the corn oil into a frying pan, and heat it over maximum heat.
- Clean and season the trout fillets with salt and pepper.
- Add the trout to the hot oil and cook over medium heat for 4 minutes, then flip over and cook 4 minutes on other side.
- Arrange the trout in a service platter and keep warm in the oven at 100 degrees F.
- Place the onions and the whole mushrooms in the frying pan and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley, the lemon juice and salt and pepper.
- Pour the vegetable mixture over the trout and serve.
Beautiful to present; divine to eat. I used olive oil instead of corn oil and some canned mushrooms thrown in later instead of fresh (didn't have any on hand). I'm sure fresh will be even better. And I'll find out, cuz I'm making this again. For sure! Thanks for a great recipe! Served it with Yukon gold potatoes and a bunch of fresh fruit. The meal earned me a big, fat kiss. Yeah!
The was tasty, fast, and quite easy. I used a pound of rainbow trout from the store. I did not have pearl onions on hand, so I used a vidalia that I cut into small cubes. I also used lemon pepper on the fish, in addition to using a real lemon for the vegetables. I did not have parsley on hand so I did without that too. The recipe was still great though! Thanks.