Recipe by twissis
This recipe is being posted for ZWT II & the recipe source is ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/hotel_claravallis/reclux. My DH will be happy. Now I have new dishes for lamb & for trout.
- 4 (1/2 lb) trout
- 7 ounces riesling wine (dry)
- 10 ounces fresh cream
- 2 ounces unsalted butter
- 3 shallots
- 1 pinch chervil
- tarragon (twig)
Directions See How It's Made
- Clean, wash & dry the trout w/a cloth. Sprinkle w/salt, pepper & flour.
- Melt butter in a pan & fry trout gently 2-3 minutes on ea side. Butter a stew pan & place trout in it.
- Fry the finely chopped herbs in your frying pan, add the dry Riesling wine & pour this mixture on trout in the stew pan.
- Add fresh cream, season to taste w/pepper, salt & a pinch of paprika.
- Place stew pan in a hot oven. Cook for 15-20 minutes, basting the trout occ.
- Take the trout out & place on a hot plate. Boil your sauce (whisking continuously) till thick. Cover trout w/sauce & serve w/boiled potatoes.