Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A lightly sauced fish dish.
- 4 trout fillets
- 4 tablespoons water
- 4 lemon slices
- 8 ounces milk
- 3 ounces fish or 3 ounces vegetable stock
- 1 1⁄2 ounces butter
- 1 ounce plain flour
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F
- Place the trout into an ovenproof dish, with a slice of lemon on top of each fish, add the water.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cooked.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a low heat.
- Stir in the flour and cook gently for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the milk and stock, bring to the boil, stirring continuously, until thickened.
- Simmer gently for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice.
- Place the fish on a serving dish, discarding the lemon slices.
- Coat with the sauce.
- Serve with salad or seasonal vegetables.
A very tasty recipe! I used one large rainbow trout fillet for 2 servings. I added salt,pepper and lemon slices to the baking dish. The sauce is easy to prepare and mildly flavoured when using one tablespoon of lemon juice. Definitely a very light and delicious meal!