Recipe by Chuck in Killbuck
An old fishing friend gave me this recipe a long time ago and I thought I'd share it with those who enjoy the taste of fresh trout as I do. Cooking time may vary between 15-25 minutes.
Top Review by MizzNezz
We caught a lot of trout this summer to put in the freezer. So far I've been making it the old tradional way...pan fried. Not any longer! This is delicious. Gives a whole new flavor to fish. I used 4 TBS of the breadcrumbs, but left everything else the same. The cream sauce was so good! We sprinkled it with more lemon at the table. I will definitely use this recipe a lot!! Thanks a bunch Chuck!
- 4 whole trout, cleaned
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely ground breadcrumbs (Plain or seasoned)
- 1 pint whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash in cold water and dry fish.
- Brush fish inside and out with lemon juice, sprinkle with salt, pepper and dill.
- Place in a lightly greased baking dish.
- Pour whipping cream over fish.
- Sprinkle fish and cream with bread crumbs.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily.