Prep 15 mins
Cook 21 mins
I got some Hickory Farms Smoked cheddar as a Christmas present, and needed to find something to do with it. This is what came out - It tasted really good to both of us. The Good Seasons Italian dressing mix was used when I couldn't decide on which spices to use.
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 2 green onions or 2 spring onions, sliced
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package Italian salad dressing mix (Good Seasons)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 trout fillets
- 1⁄2 cup smoked cheddar cheese, grated
- lemon juice (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F, (177 C.),.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- Add in the chopped garlic, sliced green onions, and spice mix. bring to a boil, then turn off the heat. Let sit for 5 minutes, so butter absorbs the flavors.
- Lay out the fillets in a non-stick baking dish. pour even amounts of the butter/spice mixture over the two fillets.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle cheese over the fillets, and cook 5 more minutes to melt the cheese.
- If you like lemon, sprinkle some juice on fillets after you plate them. Serve hot & enjoy!