This is just an easy mouth-pleasing dish. We particularly like this in summer with a side of tomato salad, corn on the cob. Recipe is based on just the two of us, haven't tried to increase it myself. I fix it "by eye" so measurements are as close as I can guestimate. As always, please alter to your own personal tastes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pat trout fillets really try with paper towels.
- 2Mix the flour and corn meal and Old Bay on paper plate.
- 3Flour the fillets and set aside.
- 4Melt 2 T of the butter with 2 T of the oil in non-stick or cast iron skillet over med-hi heat (you want this to get really bubbly brown).
- 5Cook the trout on each side until crisp and nicely browned. Remove to plate.
- 6Add the remaining tablespoon of butter and the snipped chives to the butter/oil in skillet and while still spitting and sputtering, pour over fish.
- 7Serve with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Trout Fillets in Brown Butter and Lemon
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 448.4
- Calories from Fat 327
- Total Fat 36.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.7 g
- Cholesterol 91.6 mg
- Sodium 167.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 18.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning