Recipe by Peg629
This is just an easy mouth-pleasing dish. We particularly like this in summer with a side of tomato salad, corn on the cob. Recipe is based on just the two of us, haven't tried to increase it myself. I fix it "by eye" so measurements are as close as I can guestimate. As always, please alter to your own personal tastes.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives
- 2 trout fillets
Directions See How It's Made
- Pat trout fillets really try with paper towels.
- Mix the flour and corn meal and Old Bay on paper plate.
- Flour the fillets and set aside.
- Melt 2 T of the butter with 2 T of the oil in non-stick or cast iron skillet over med-hi heat (you want this to get really bubbly brown).
- Cook the trout on each side until crisp and nicely browned. Remove to plate.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of butter and the snipped chives to the butter/oil in skillet and while still spitting and sputtering, pour over fish.
- Serve with lemon wedges.