Recipe by Sarah Close
Fresh vegetables and seafood top the trout in this elegant dish. Purchase fresh trout from www.BigEasySeafood.com for this dish.
Top Review by Colleen Poehlman
I cook a lot of fish, mostly salmon and lake trout, but this recipe has too much fat for me as I am low-fat cook and avoid sat fat as much as possible. You often have recipes that I could use. I do enjoy the weekly newsletter.Colleen
- 4 trout fillets
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup butter
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1⁄2-1 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pint oyster (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- white pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Rub the trout fillets with 1/2 stick melted butter and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Place fillets in pan and broil each side for about 4 minutes.
- Set aside.
- Melt a stick of butter in a skillet, saute garlic and green onions until tender.
- Add mushrooms, saute about 3 more minutes.
- Add squash and tomatoes and cook a few more minutes.
- Add shrimp and oysters (if desired).
- Add dry white wine and cook a few more minutes until shrimp are cooked.
- Season to taste with salt and white pepper.
- Pour over fish and place in 350 degree oven for about 15-20 minutes .
- Serve with hot French bread.