Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I just love homemade soup! This recipe is from Taste of Home.
Make and share this Trout Chowder (Crock Pot) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 lb boneless trout fillet, skin removed
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, cubed or shredded
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, cubed or shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender.
- Transfer to slow cooker; add milk, dressing, fish, broccoli, cheese and garlic powder.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until soup is bubbly and fish flakes easily with fork.