Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
I just love homemade soup! This recipe is from Taste of Home.
Make and share this Trout Chowder (Crock Pot) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 lb boneless trout fillet, skin removed
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen broccoli cuts, thawed
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, cubed or shredded
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, cubed or shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender.
- Transfer to slow cooker; add milk, dressing, fish, broccoli, cheese and garlic powder.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until soup is bubbly and fish flakes easily with fork.
If this chowder is served in heaven, I'll go there happily when my time comes & ask for it every meal. My hubby is a fisherman here in Iceland & I used trout he caught that was in our freezer. I used ranch dressing I made from Texas Ranch Dressing adding 1 tbsp lemon juice & 1 tsp dill. I added 1 cup baby shrimp + 2 ribs diced celery I sauteed with the onion, but was otherwise faithful to the recipe. This is so easy to fix & fast to cook (2 hr in my crockpot). It will be the star attraction of our next dinner party. Thx for sharing this!
This was great! I used Catfish that the ol' man caught at a local Bayou. I added a little pepper and hot sauce which I do with about everything and it was yummy.
Wonderful! I added in one can of yellow canned corn as well. Used 1% milk, lowfat cheese and lowfat ranch dressing. Excellent...will make this again and again! thanks for sharing!