Recipe by drhousespcatcher
One of three trout recipes I am posting per request. Note this recipe yields 12 servings.
- 72 ounces trout, rainbow
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup celery, minced
- 1⁄4 cup scallion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, minced
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons phillips seafood seasoning
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon parsley, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large egg yolks
- 5 cups peach cilantro relish
- 2 lbs peaches
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, minced
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- NOTE: The relish starts with the 2 pounds of peaches. Also note this used commerical kitchen ware so times may vary.
- Fish: Place fillets skin side down on lightly oiled baking sheets. Bake at 400F five minutes or until trout is opaque. Remove flesh and drain.
- Combine with all the fish ingredients except the 1/2 cup breadcrumbs and the Relish. Mix well and refridgerate overnight [or at least 4 hours.] Form into 24 cakes. Coat each with breadcrumbs. set aside until ready to cook.
- Cooking: Sautee in lightly oiled skillet until both sides are golden brown then drain and serve with 1/3 cup relish for two cakes. One serving is two cakes.
- They may be cooked ahead and reheat at 500F for 5 to 7 minutes. Watch closely.
- Combine all and chill for 2 hours.