Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Credited to J. O'Brien. Adapted from A Taste of Ireland.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 trout, cleaned
- 1 1⁄2 cups white wine
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine 1/4 cup butter with parsley and mix well.
- Divide into 4 pieces.
- Place 1 piece inside the cavity of each fish.
- Rub fish with salt and pepper.
- Place in a single layer in an oven-proof casserole.
- Pour wine over the fish.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Cut remaining butter into small pieces.
- Add butter and lemon juice to fish.
- Cover and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Serve hot or cold.