Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Classic panfried trout
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup blanched slivered almond
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 trout fillets or 6 bass fillets
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Saute almonds in butter until golden.
- Add 1/4 teaspoons salt and lemon juice; remove from heat. Set aside.
- Combine remaining 1/2 teaspoons salt, flour, pepper, and thyme.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Dip fillets in milk; dredge in flour mixture.
- Fry fillets, 2 at a time until browned on both sides; drain in paper towels.
- Remove to a serving dish; drizzle with almond butter sauce, and sprinkle with parsley.
My DH thought this fish was better than what you would get in an upscale restaurant. The recipe is simple, fast and flavorful. Don't leave out the thyme! Unfortunately, my grocery did not have any trout so I used Basa. It worked just fine, but next time I will try Trout. I used chopped Smokehouse almonds since I had them on hand. I did leave out the salt since the almonds were salted. Also, next time, I will just set aside my cooked fish and then make the sauce in the same pan. Thank you for the great recipe!
My 8 year old went fishing for the first time and caught 3 good sized trout. I've never cooked trout before and had no idea how to cook it. I found this recipe and decided to try it. I followed the recipe exactly even using the veg oil which i hardly ever use. I didn't have any parsley but I'm sure that didn't take away from the dish. This was fantastic! I loved the combination of the almond, lemon and the fish! It was fabulous! Thank you for sharing this lovely recipe.
My husband said this is the best fish he's ever had, and he frequently eats fish. Made with locally raised trout and fried in grape seed oil (so we couldn't taste the oil at all, only the delicate flavor of the fish). I also used raw sliced almonds. I had fresh parsley, but used dried thyme. Fresh lemon juice is a must. Amazingly good. We will definitely make this one again!