Recipe by Chef Zephyr
A quick and tasty trout recipe. Great for variety if you have a fisherman in the family. Found this at Cooks.com. My family doesn't do well with hot spices so have never made it with the hot pepper sauce.
Top Review by jpotter
I bought trout by mistake thinking it was salmon and didn't have any recipes so searched and tried this. It was fabulous! Even my picky eater ate 2nds. The topping is what made it. I'll definitely try this again. JP
- 2 lbs trout fillets, fresh or thawed
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 -5 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut fillets into serving size portions.
- Combine flour, seasoned salt, and paprika; mix well.
- Roll fish in flour mixture.
- Place fish in a single layer, skin side down, in a well-greased shallow,broiler-safe, baking pan.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons melted butter over fish.
- Broil about 4 inches from heat about 10 minutes until white through.
- While fish cooks, in small skillet, saute almonds in 2 tablespoons butter until golden brown, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add lemon juice, hot pepper sauce, and parsley; mix.
- Pour over cooked fish and serve at once.