Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This trout recipe was taught to me from a top Danish chef back in Denmark in the 60's. I have prepared this recipe for many guests over the years, and just loved it.
- 4 whole cleaned trout
- salt & pepper
- 3⁄4 cup green onion
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh breadcrumb
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Wash trout inside and out under cold water, pat dry with paper towel.
- Season with salt& pepper, then dredge in flour, shaking off excess.
- In a heavy skillet or frying pan, melt 2 Tbsp.
- butter with oil over faily high heat.
- When foam subsides, add trout and cook until golden (4-5 min.) Remove to warmed platter and set aside.
- In a stainless steel skillet melt 2 Tbsp.
- butter over moderate heat and add mushroom and lemon juice.
- Shaking pan constantly.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes until mushrooms are soft and glister with butter.
- Remove from pan and place on oven proof dish.
- Melt 1 Tbsp.
- in skillet and add onions.
- Cook for 1 minute and transfer to a small dish to keep warm.
- Use remaining butter to brown breadcrumbs.
- Place trout on bed of mushroom (adding any juice from fish in baking dish).
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs and add onions.
- Bake in oven on middle rack for 10 minutes or until onions and crumbs are brown.
- Serve in baking dish.
- Serve with new potatoes and a salad.