Recipe by FloridaGrl
These make killer ice cream sandwiches, using 1/4 to 1/2 cup vanilla ice cream. Seal in plastic wrap and freeze until ready to serve. SO YUMMY!!
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 3 teaspoons grated lime rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 ounce) package white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat first 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add eggs,beating until blended. Add coconut,lime rind,and lime juice,beating until blended.
- Combine flour,baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl;gradually add to butter mixture,beating well. Stir in white chocolate morsels and macadamia nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.