Prep 18 mins
Cook 0 mins
Very nice. From Cooking Light. Prep time does not include the time freezing fruit.
- 354.88 ml sliced ripe bananas
- 236.59 ml cubed fresh pineapple
- 236.59 ml cubed peeled ripe mango
- 236.59 ml papaya nectar, chilled
- 29.58 ml fresh lime juice
- Arrange banana, pineapple, and mango in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Freeze until firm (about 1 hour).
- Remove from freezer, and let stand 10 minutes.
- Combine fruit, nectar, and juice in a blender.
- Process until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
GREAT SMOOTHIE! I froze only the banana & pineapple & left the rest as is & had a wonderfully refreshing drink ALL BY MYSELF (so much for serving 3 ~ Oh, I guess that's actually 3 servings that I drank!)! Anyway, you do up a great drink that's addictive, even without any alcohol!! Thanks for sharing! [Made & reviewed as a thank you for a chef-with-a-camera in the Help A Camera-less Chef Game #5]
Incredibly good! I managed to find a pineapple-papaya nectar (45% juice blend with added sugar) and I added some frozen papaya chunks to the other frozen fruits just to guarantee that flavour coming through. The fresh lime made this come alive, it's just a wonderfully refreshing beverage. I made a portion of the smoothie into frozen popsicles for the kids and they loved them so I'll be making this regularly over the summer I bet! Thanks for posting! Made for ZWT3.
Had this for breakfast today and it was delish. Out of necessity, I did make a couple of substitutions. I used canned pineapple (in juice, not syrup) and pineapple juice as I didn't have any papaya nectar. Good for you and tastes great, too!