Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
For something a little different....
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 3 bananas, sliced about 1/4 " thick
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup coconut
- 1⁄3 cup macadamia nuts, toasted and very coarsely chopped
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9" round cake pan with cooking spray.
- In a bowl, pour the rum over the banana slices. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt the margarine and brown sugar.
- Arrange the bananas in the prepared cake pan. Sprinkle the coconut over them, then the macadamia nuts. Pour the brown sugar mixture over these layers.
- Cream the butter and sugar together, then add eggs, beating till smooth.
- In separate bowl, combine dry ingredients (sift or not, up to you).
- Slowly add dry ingredients butter/sugar mixture alternately with the milk, beating between additions.
- Pour the cake batter over the toppings in pan. Bake 45 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- When cake is done, run knife around edge of pan, and invert on serving plate to serve. Best served at room temperature.