1/2 Photos of Tropical Tuna Salad Supper
Recipe from Rachael Ray magazine (from this summer). WOW was this a fun and tasty dinner. . .so different from the usual meat and potatoes! Do NOT skip the oranges or mango (actually I had to skip the mango due to an allergy) because the sweet really pulls this dish together. I actually added a few fresh squeezes of orange juice to the dressing and would do that again. I also just seared my small tuna steaks whole and then sliced them to assure they stayed rare. YUMMO! This is so pretty on the plate!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- one 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 mango, cut into small cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into cubes
- 2 small red chilies, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 English cucumber, cut into cubes (I used a regular cucumber)
- 1 red onion, cut into small cubes (I just used 2 green onions to make it more mild)
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- 1/2 cup mandarin orange segments
- 1 avocado, cubed (this is my addition to the recipe and it's great)
- 4 ahi tuna steaks, . cut into bite-size cubes (2-3/4 pounds)
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh chives
- toasted sesame seeds (to garnish)
- plantain chips, for garnish
- 1In a salad bowl, whisk together the marmalade, tamari sauce, honey, lime peel, lime juice and hot sauce.
- 2Whisk in the oil. Stir in the garlic, ginger and sesame oil.
- 3Add the mango, bell pepper, chiles, cucumber, onion, edamame and orange (and avocado if using it).
- 4In a large skillet, heat a drizzle of oil over medium-high heat. Season the tuna with salt )I used seasoning salt) and pepper. Add to the pan and cook, turning, until just browned, about 3 minutes.
- 5Sprinkle the chives on top. Add the tuna to the salad and toss gently.
- 6Top with the sesame seeds and serve with the plantain chips.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tropical Tuna Salad Supper
Serving Size: 1 (403 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 436.3
- Calories from Fat 223
- Total Fat 24.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 559.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 29.5 g
- Protein 12.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
ahi tuna steaks