Recipe by bevs kitchen
This is an easy, tasty and awesome looking dessert. Very quick, and made with mostly shop bought items. Can be adapted to your tastes.
- 1 prepared sticky gingerbread
- 1 (440 g) can pineapple chunks
- rum (optional)
- 2 (440 g) cans custard
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut gingerbread cake and place to fit in base of dish.
- Cover with the pineapple.
- Use about 4 Tablespoons of the pineapple juice and 1 teaspoon rum to pour over the cake.
- Pour over tinned custard.
- Make meringue. Whisk 2 egg whites until stiff.
- Add 1 tablespoons sugar at a time; continue to whisk until stiff peaks.
- Drop teaspoon of mixture over custard; this does not need to completely cover the custard.
- Place under a hot grill until the peaks go golden.