Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A different version to the usually strawberry flavoured classic trifle I adapted this from a women's weekly recipe where you made your own Swiss roll and custard so I made it a bit easier and quicker but a great tasting trifle
- 1 sponge cake
- 3⁄4 cup lemon butter (240g)
- 2 (85 g) lemon jelly crystals
- 1⁄2 cup sweet sherry
- 300 -600 ml heavy cream, whipped
- 1 mango
- 2 kiwi fruits
- 2 passion fruit
- 2 (500 g) containersof pauls premium vanilla custard
- Make jelly according to directions on packet and place in fridge until almost set.
- Cut sponge cake in half and spread lemon butter on one half of the cake and then replace the the other half back on top.
- Cut cake into square pieces and place in and around trifle bowl.
- Sprinkle with sherry.
- Pour almost set jelly on top of sponge and refrigerate til set.
- Pour custard over jelly refrigerate til cold.
- Decorate with whipped cream and fruit.
This trifle was delicious, I made it a few times over the Australian summer and it was always a hit! It made a large amount which meant we could have some the next day...yummy!