Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Makes 12 regular size or 6 jumbo muffins.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup dried papaya, finely diced
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped banana chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1⁄4 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Grease or paper-line 12 (2-1/2 inch) or 6 (4-inch) large muffin pan cups.
- Combine flour, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, lemon peel and salt in large bowl.
- Combine papaya, banana chips, macadamia nuts and coconut in small bowl; stir in 1 tablespoon flour mixture until well coated.
- Combine milk, butter, sour cream and egg in another small bowl until blended; stir into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Fold in fruit mixture.
- Spoon evenly into prepared muffin cups. Sprinkle remaining 1 tablespoon sugar over tops of muffins.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes for standard muffins, 25 to 30 minutes for jumbo muffins, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan. Cool on wire rack.