Prep 20 mins
Cook 24 hrs
Woodpeckers, Chickadees, and Nuthatches especially like this treat. If you use criso instead of lard it will never melt in the warmer weather.
- 1 cup Crisco (or lard if you want)
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup coconut
- 2 1⁄2 cups oatmeal
- 2 1⁄2 cups cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup nuts
- Melt the fat and peanut butter.
- Stir in the rest of the stuff.
- Pour into a pan and chill in the refrigerator overnight.
- Cut into squares and wrap in plastic bags for easy storage.
- Put out a couple of squares or tie them tightly in a net bag.