Recipe by **Tinkerbell**
Excerpt from Ali Baba & the Forty Thieves: "Then Ali Baba climbed down and went to the door concealed among the bushes, and said, "Open, Sesame!" and it flew open. Ali Baba, who expected a dull, dismal place, was greatly surprised to find it large and well lighted, hollowed by the hand of man in the form of a vault, which received the light from an opening in the ceiling. He saw rich bales of merchandise -- silk, stuff-brocades, all piled together, and gold and silver in heaps, and money in leather purses. He went in and the door shut behind him. He did not look at the silver, but brought out as many bags of gold as he thought he could carry." :) Now you too can enjoy a wealth of treasures in this refreshing salsa created by the ZWT-5 Team Ali Baba's Babes. :) diner524 - Lime (Peridot, associated with the sun, bestowing dignity on it's wearer and worn proudly as beads or bracelets for protection. Charmie777 - Orange bell pepper (Sapphire, found in every color except red - then it's a ruby, protects against poverty, can make a stupid man wise & an irritable man good-tempered), jkoch960 - Red bell pepper (Ruby, said to store vast quantities of heat that can be felt in short bursts; attracts prosperity) acerast - Jicama (Diamond, valued for strength but is still a universal gemstone of love and compliments any other stone it's paired with), Shari2 - Red Onion (Amethyst, the purple variety of quartz inspires creativity, courage & valor), **Tinkerbell** - Jalapeno pepper (Tourmaline, the stone of the Muses, inspiring creative processes), bmcnichol - Cinnamon & Sugar (Smokey Quartz, credited for being able to do everything from visualizing the future to curing disease), K9 Owned - Peach (Spinel, sometimes mistaken for other gemstones, very versatile, sharing properties of the ruby & the sapphire like abundance and good humor), cookin_nurse - mango (Precious Topaz, strengthens the mind, prevents mental illness, a cooling gem with the ability to cool flaring tempers), bluemoon downunder - Cilantro (Emerald, the stone of the heart has adorned many famous royal rings or crowns & has been cherished since man first discovered them) :)
Top Review by MarraMamba
This salsa is one of the best i have had. I found the combo of spice and sweetness perfect! I subbed fresh apricots for the peaches because the peaches at the store were hard, and they worked great!
- 2 cups fresh peaches, peeled and sliced (or use frozen peaches, thawed)
- 1 cup mango, diced
- 3⁄4 cup jicama, diced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup orange bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, seeded & diced very tiny (or adjust to taste)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
For Cinnamon and Sugar Tortilla Crisps
- 2 -4 flour tortillas (I used 6 inch)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cinnamon (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- For Salsa:.
- Put peaches in food processor & pulse until only small chunks remain.
- Transfer to large mixing bowl and gently stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cover and chill until serving time.
- For Cinnamon & Sugar tortilla crisps:.
- Slice 2-4 tortillas into pizza-shaped wedges with a serrated bread knife.
- Spread out onto a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper in a single layer.
- Brush each top with melted butter then sprinkle with cinnamon & sugar mixture.
- Turn each wedge over & repeat.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes or until dry & crisp.