1/3 Photos of Tropical Swirlin' Spice Banana Nut Bread
2 hrs 30 mins
The bread machine is used to mix and knead the banana-flavored yeast dough, which is rolled out and sprinkled with brown sugar and spices. Most of the prep time is rising time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 large banana, very ripe in 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 tablespoon bread flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
SWIRLIN SPICE FILLING
- 1Place dough ingredients in the bread pan in the order suggested by bread machine instructions.
- 2Set for white bread, dough stage.
- 3Press start.
- 4When the dough is ready, turn it out onto a lightly floured board and punch down.
- 5Let rest a few minutes.
- 6Roll the dough into a rectangle 9 inches wide.
- 7Spread the softened butter over the dough.
- 8In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, nuts,and coconut.
- 9Sprinkle mixture evenly over dough.
- 10Roll up the dough, jellyroll fashion, starting with a short (9-inch) side, forming a loaf; pinch the edge to seal.
- 11Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- 12Place the shaped loaf in the pan, seam side down.
- 13Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in size, about 1 hour.
- 14Preheat oven to 350.
- 15Bake for 30-40 minutes or until done.
- 16Remove bread from pan and cool on cake rack for 1 hour before slicing.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tropical Swirlin' Spice Banana Nut Bread
Serving Size: 1 (71 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 237.1
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 44.6 mg
- Sodium 266.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 5.3 g