Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe puts a little 'flair' into the traditional sweet potato dish. Easy to prepare and unique in taste.
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 1/4 ounce) can crushed pineapple in syrup, undrained
- In 3 quart saucepan, bring to boil enough water to cover sweet potatoes.
- Once boiling, add potatoes, cover and heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and let cool.
- Remove skins and cut into slices about 1/2 inch thick.
- Heat remaining ingredients in skillet over medium heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and bubbly.
- Add potato slices and stir gently until hot.
Not paying attention, I used about 3/4 of a much larger can of pineapple (20oz??) in juice (not syrup). But everyone loved it anyway!
I made this to take to a funeral and received rave reviews! I even had a few people ask me for the recipe. The only modifications I made were using canned sweet potatoes (drained) and I added a bit of cinnamon and nutmeg. Also I prepared it in the crockpot and cooked on high for 4 hours. Came out beautifully. Thanks!