Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
An orange and some coconut are a delicious twist to the typical sweet potato casserole. And it's quick and easy with canned sweet potatoes. Simply adjust the sugar for personal preferances.
- 2 (28 ounce) cans sweet potatoes, drained
- 3⁄4-1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1 cup coconut
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 orange, juice of
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, mix the sweet potatoes, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and orange zest.
- Transfer mixture to a casserole dish.
- Combine the coconut, brown sugar, pecans, flour, and melted butter.
- Sprinkle over the top of the casserole.
- Squeeze the orange half over the topping.
- Bake 350 degrees 30 minutes.
For the most part, I cut this recipe in half, but did use most of the zest indicated! I also made a full recipe of the topping, then mixed 1/4 of it in with the potatoes & used the rest of it on top ~ OH, SO NICE! Thanks for a nice, tasty new way to serve these buggers! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]