Recipe by Recipe Reader
An orange and some coconut are a delicious twist to the typical sweet potato casserole. And it's quick and easy with canned sweet potatoes. Simply adjust the sugar for personal preferances.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
For the most part, I cut this recipe in half, but did use most of the zest indicated! I also made a full recipe of the topping, then mixed 1/4 of it in with the potatoes & used the rest of it on top ~ OH, SO NICE! Thanks for a nice, tasty new way to serve these buggers! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Please Review My Recipe]
- 2 (28 ounce) cans sweet potatoes, drained
- 3⁄4-1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 orange, zest of
- 1 cup coconut
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 orange, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer, mix the sweet potatoes, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon and orange zest.
- Transfer mixture to a casserole dish.
- Combine the coconut, brown sugar, pecans, flour, and melted butter.
- Sprinkle over the top of the casserole.
- Squeeze the orange half over the topping.
- Bake 350 degrees 30 minutes.